Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Thursday, March 17, 2011

i just don't know

On to another guy I enjoy listening to...Rob Bell of Mars Hill.


You may have been catching him on TV in the midst of his press junket. With the release of his new book, Love Wins, he is stopping by talk shows...GMA, MSNBC....


I've seen him speak live and have listened to many a podcast sermon. Loved the nooma series...here's one, but there are several. 


I haven't read the book {released 3/15}...in fact, I haven't read any of his books. Most of them have kicked up a little dust in the evangelical world. This book seems to have caused whirling dervishes and blinding sandstorms. I'm gathering from the buzz that it smacks of liberation theology.


So, it's on my list. I can tell you one thing...I'm definitely interested.


I gratefully accept the caution of God to examine people who influence me; whether they be earnestly singing into a microphone, streaming sermons through my earbuds, standing before me in a pulpit, writing the words on the computer/paper at hand. However their thoughts are communicated to me, I must hold those thoughts to the standard of Christ before I assimilate them.

Beloved, {that's my name and yours!!!!} do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

{and just a bit further...one of my faves}



Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8



Here's Pastor Bell with Martin Bashir, outright grilling.

No comments: