Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

more harvest

Carrots...a friend was surprised that we could grow them in an Ohio summer. {I'm surprised that we can grow anything in an Ohio summer with my annual case of it's-the-end-of-July-I'm-over-it neglect.)

Bug carried in 2, then three, then 5 and 6 carrots at a time for about a week and before we knew it we had a veggie drawer full.


Bug: Can we make a carrot cake? {Has he ever tasted carrot cake? I don't think so.} 

me: Of course, what a great idea! We'll take it to our picnic on Saturday.


shredding is hard work


Friday, we baked. Saturday, we decorated, shared and enjoyed.


Some of you may be thinking clever boy wearing his carrot shirt. Nope, it just happens to be his favorite shirt (from his daddy) and he wore it both days we worked on the cake.

If you're keeping track, like I am...Sweet Man returns home in 3 days for good...very good.


1 comment:

Debby said...

Fresh carrot cake, yummy. You all did a good job of decorating. Will you no longer be a gypsy.