Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tap, tap, tap...how long?





While being away for a mere two months, I looked forward to coming home. And I have loved being home for the most part. It surprised me how difficult the logistics have been: where should we sleep tonight, where are the mittens, what can I cook for dinner in a pared down kitchen, how do I catch up on relationships and activities I've missed and not squeeze out normal "home" days, etc? These little questions tangled me up, confused me, and sometimes brought me low.

I miss my love. Life is easier, sweeter, better with him. It has been different being apart this time. The holding pattern continues. We've wondered how long his assignment would have to be to make it worth it for us to travel three days? I think we have our answer. We're going on three weeks, which is not the longest, but it seems it.

Life is different but somehow more harmonious out there. My priority, other than keeping us alive, is to make Sweet Man's life most efficient. With him working 12-13 hours a day, 6 days a week, he needs that. (I know there are so many out  there who have that same challenge.) We try to protect the time we have together as a family by getting the mundane out of the way so that we can adventure together, or at least relax. 

I'm ready to get back to it, that rhythm of life. Choosing to push the "easy" button on some things (ie: cooking) to maximize time with my babes and my sweet man. It's what I've asked God to do for me: show me how to engage in the moments to the fullest with these people I get to know. Pull in tighter, keeping our eyes on Our Savior, so that whether we are "at home" or out in the world, we are peaceful and purposeful. I crave that.

So, I'm ready to hit the road again. Don't get me wrong...I adore you Ohio folk, but I've been here a while, biding time. It was so momentous for me to pack up the house and move out to go to Texas...it really seemed so permanent. Big giant steps. When I pulled out of our driveway that December morning, I kinda thought I wouldn't see this house again. Seems silly now really. Because, here we are. At church, more than a few people have said to me, "You're still here? I thought you were gone...." Yeah, I know. But I'm not quite here, either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you at church, MOPS, around town. I'm totally okay with you being a boomarang for awhile. I hope that you adjust to it and that you get to see your hubby soon. We look forward to hanging and playing with your gang next week. Love you!