Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

To you all!

It's our third quiet day in Granville, enjoying cuddles and naps, movies and snow play.  Forgive me for not telling some of you local peeps...just needed a break from everything. Also felt a little silly to share a big farewell moment when we are still very much here.

Friday, we were here to complete one last project on the old house before ownership shifts. It snowed inches that day so we sought refuge at my dad's. We returned to Dayton for Saturday, gathering Christmas gifts and supplies. Sunday morning, we even tried out a new church to which we will certainly return. It's the smaller campus of Fairhaven Church and may be the church family for us.

Craving a quiet Christmas Eve of baking and laundry, we traveled back to Dad's and kept a low profile as we surely made ourselves at home. We wanted to spend the holiday with my brother, who would otherwise be alone. After a quiet morning opening gifts (and assembling 2 of 4 large Lego sets,) he and his dogs joined us for a loud lunch and gift exchange. In the evening my aunt and my little family traveled to my cousin's charming house in Columbus to see my dad's extended family. It was a lovely, long day.

Each day other than Christmas, there has been the lingering possibility that we would have to rush back to Dayton to sign papers. I woke up this morning and started cleaning and packing, only to get a phone call that it will be tomorrow afternoon. So we wait and enjoy the snowfall from inside the house and snuggle in for a bit more.


No comments: