Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Plans

Well, it's not going to happen, friends. Our house will not be ours until after Christmas. There is some peace in it. I'm just bummed that I don't have our decorations that mean so much to me.

We did a bit of decking the hotel...Bean and I made these today. And surprisingly, before we left the old house, I remembered to snip some greenery with red berries, so that I would have something. (I don't know what it is...some creeping shrub, low to the ground that has tear-drop leaves and bright red berries.) We have a fireplace and mantel here, so after a few minutes of arrangement, it's looking festive.

Tonight after dinner, Sweet Man and I began to draw our new house...I on graph paper and he on his fancy~schmancy work software. So fun...we have some good ideas, I think. I must remember that taking a wall out with a keystroke is way different than with a sledgehammer.

One of our first purchases will be a wood burning stove as there is no place in which to burn wood (a non-negotiable on my wishlist.) Does anyone know what those funky, retro, suspended fireplaces are called?

No comments: