Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

pumpkin spice coffee recipe

My master plan for this most recent Saturday morning included 3 things:
  1. Zum-bah!! (Say it with the emphasis on the second...)
  2. Quick stop at the library to pick up a much desired What Alice Forgot {still trying to keep up with my book club from home...miss you ladies!}
  3. a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks
That's a far as my planning took me...to 10:30am...ha!

The first 2 don't disappoint, but the 3rd did. Hrmmph.... In fairness, I asked the barista to lighten it for me, so maybe that was the difference...less sugar and fat?

So, to truly satisfy that craving, I made my own Pinterest-inspired PSL this morning. You can, too!
  1. make a simple syrup with equal parts water and sweetener in a saucepan {I used sucanat, but you could also use brown sugar, white sugar, or even maple syrup or honey}
  2. bring to a low boil and take off the heat, let cool
  3. in a container large enough to hold and store all ingredients, add 1/8 c. pureed pumpkin
  4. add 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice {you can also combine your own with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves}
  5. pour your cooled simple syrup into the container and shake
  6. add a smidge to your hot coffee with or without cream 
  7. keep in  fridge
I'm enjoying mine right now and I hope you try it. Delish!

No comments: