Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Monday, February 16, 2009

Halfway Home

Well, that may be overstating it. The kids and I traveled 8.5 of the 20 hours today, leaving the palm trees and 60 degrees of Houston, driving through the bayous of Louisiana and down the red-earth shoulders of Mississippi highways. Grenada, MS is the stop for the night. Bug and Bean are road trip troopers, I must tell you. I just keep throwing snacks into the backseat and we stop for a break when I need one - they don't seem to need to stop as often as I. Of course, the DVD player and Leapsters help. Bug and I did play a partial round of Alphabet and he looked at several books as Bean dozed. Right now, we're at a McDonald's with a Playplace (sorry, J) which is a welcome sight for a momma who has strapped her children into seats for 9+ hours today. But I sit here on my buns in front of a piece of glass that helps me see the world - not much different than  the driving part of my day. Hope you are cozy and safe and have a warm bed awaiting you, too.

No comments: