Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In the Valley





We've been spending much time at Sweet Man's parents' house. They take good care of us there.

We interrupt their usually quiet days with laughing, cartoons, cap guns, and tantrums. Sometimes we chase the noise outside or to the big basement. They say they don't mind the busy-ness of us...I'm trusting them to tell us when it's too much.

When I go to a home with a beautiful view, I want to make a cozy nest and spend the day staring...the Valley has that kind of view. I can see a worn red barn surrounded by green winter wheat fields and a creek that is in no hurry to get anywhere. Yes, I could sit a while with a cup of coffee, but that would mean someone else taking care of my babes and that happens enough anyway.

My day begins as I hear footsteps in the loft above my room. Grandpa opens the gate...yes, really, I barricade my children at night...and makes chocolate milk and coffee for us. I can't vouch for the milk, but the coffee is fantastic. Bean usually stomps down the stairs, across the living room, and into the room to jump up on Grammy's bed...SLAM! Good morning, Bean....

Fox News, breakfast, my shower and getting dressed all happen...and the day unfolds...

We often do school in the basement or hang out in Grandma's office watching Noggin. Sometimes we throw a little housework in, but never enough to earn our keep. Bug might help Grandpa outside in the shop. Bean helps Grandma in the kitchen and may share her warm yummies with the boys in the shop. Grandma always has yummy meals for us...mostly I try to stay out of her way.

The Amish store is a fun trip down the road. Much Word Twist is played on Facebook...no names, thank you. There is a nearby pool house for swims. There is the spring and the creek to plunk rocks and play Pooh Sticks (thank you, friends...now I understand the magic of Pooh sticks.) Keen eyes are always spotting wildlife - deer, turkey, groundhogs - and the field glasses are passed around.  Walks and naps take place in the afternoon. And then evening...dinner, little TV, few games. And maybe best of all, I have my own room - aaaahhh. I let Sweet Man share it with me when he's home, of course.

All in all, it's a great place to be.

I need to do a better job taking pictures. But here are some.  

Going to a Tea Party today...stay tuned for political ranting....







No comments: