Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Monday, November 16, 2009

My girl



We're in for it, people. 

I know Bean has spent a mere 3.5 years with us, but she speaks and acts beyond her days.




A few days ago, she said to me, "I don't like what you're sayin'. And I want you to listen to what I have to say."

She sometimes joins me as I indulge in watching "bride shows" on TLC. And more than once she has struck the seat on which she's perched with her fist saying, "When is it gonna be my weddin'?" Sweet Daddy has asked me to not let her watch...he thinks it will fan the flames of entitlement...for a $7,000 weddin' dress.

She wants to be a mommy and a grandmommy.

My girl has taken to calling me "Doctor" because she is "having" 3 or 4 babies a day and staying in character even when not "in labor." There is often a stuffed animal or baby under her shirt, waiting for its arrival. She calls the doctor (again, me or in a pinch, the policeman aka:brother Bug) and lays down on the bed, breathing Lamaze-style. She pushes, lifts up her shirt, and presents the baby. I instantly become "Grandmomma" and  ooh and ahh over the baby and she beams with pride...and then nurses. I actually love that, but not in the lobby of our hotel.... 

Honestly, I don't know where she's getting all this information...but the little of it she has is accurate.


She has little real  world experience with wee ones...and it hasn't been in our house. Sweet Man and I talk often about the days the babes were born, but don't go into details about the mechanics of it all. 


Sweet Man has fessed up to teaching her how to pant in labor...thankyousomuch. But someone else must be feeding her information...'fess up out there, if it's one of you, dear readers.

Grandma J and I have compared notes a couple of times about the depth of understanding Bean has about death and heaven. She speaks of Mimi more often then I do and asks if her friend's grandpa, who just passed, will get to see Mimi.

She sings songs about when she does something bad, that she can talk to God and He uses His paintbrush to erase her mistakes. We can love Him and go to heaven. She asked Jesus into her heart, because she wants to go to heaven and see Mimi again. 


And  declares that she wants to be a grandma and doesn't want to die before she is.

Her surprising words take our breath away. That's our girl.



No comments: