Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Monday, November 29, 2010

Double whammy

He complained of a sore throat last night. And again this morning. Surely, a good momma would have known when he uncharacteristically, almost fell asleep on the couch. And there was the not getting into trouble all day. But it took a trip to buy a thermometer for me to confirm what I should have already known...Bug has a fever. 

And Sweet Daddy left this morning. {It feels so good to be in our house, I didn't want to go back, just yet.}

After a sweet week with Sweet Man {ahem, no big projects...just fun} and a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend, sickness is probably just what we need to slow down. And I apologize in advance to anyone we saw this weekend...and hugged...and kissed. Yes, indeed, that's what friends are for...keeping the contagions spinning.

I have a couple of projects in the works: Christmas cards to order, Christmas bins to unpack, and that big stack of books still to work through. Plenty to do.We'll be okay...right?

This isn't an SOS call...though if someone swung by with a load of some fresh fruit and veggies...produce that has actually grown on a tree or in the dirt...I wouldn't kick you off my porch...'cause we're out of that stuff. And since you're going anyway, we need ice cream...yeah, ice cream would be good....and....

{UPDATE: Fever's gone, he's back...peace out.}

No comments: