Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Saturday, April 2, 2011

{short found} friend


Filling in the blanks of 17 years {!!!!!}...it didn't feel to me like we'd been apart that long. 

We couldn't recall how or where we met. Denison, of course, 1993...but neither of us could describe the moment. Admittedly, I wandered those years...foggy...for any number of reasons.

She became part of us, our family of friends, like she had been part of us forever.

No, scratch that bit...truth be told, I think we were pulled into her orbit. 

And we couldn't remember how we parted. It was an ebb and flow of transition...ends of semesters, nomadic life, following music of the moment, trying to figure it all out, reveries that led us down different paths; hers led to the coast of Costa Rica...inspired, mine led to a beach in North Carolina.

Her brave adventures, once myth, became clearer as she spoke. She shared her wisdom learned. The luster of dreams flakes off in the reality. And would we have it any other way?

Her experiences still make mine look like preschool playdates.

Which brings us full circle. Now we meet again on the same path...motherhood. Her with her three beauties, me with my cuties.






She shared her home and a bit of her city with us...a visit to the Children's Museum {she gets me..:) ,} a little Garrett's, and a deep dish. It was just right. Warming ourselves in her sunspot, volleying memories and things since. 

Today, I can't help but think I left too soon, especially if we let time get away from us again. 

We won't. Right, Mrs. Williams?

No comments: