Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

woe is me

It's good to be back from Illinois. The place is trashed already...makes me feel right at home.

A few things are crossed off our looming spring to-do list...but not enough.

We've been here 4 days and he received the call...he's being whisked away to South Carolina for a short {?} trip.

I know it'll be fine, but on this dreary day, I'm swept down the current.

There are days when I ask myself, Is traveling and sometimes being apart from your husband worth it? 

I would say to myself, It truly is during that magical, blissful stretch of days/weeks with Sweet Man at home with us...no work-y and some extra pay-y. 
or 
Self, aren'tcha tired of packing and unpacking and sleeping in different beds and driving and waiting for the phone to ring and saying goodbye to your husband for a week that inevitably turns into 3 so you pack up and go to him 'cause you're losing your mind just in time for him to be cut loose and you re-pack and head home?

Guess which answer I'm feeling today as I think that surely we're bound to get a stretch of blissful days off after 6 months on.

I trying to cope by perusing the Netflix reality TV genre, adding things to my queue...so I can try to get through without  my man {and live-in manny.}

So, wretchedly human on these days, grumbling {hopefully just here, so in real time you won't hear it} and looking to mindless distractions to get me through. Yuck.

No comments: