Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

greetings from effingham


I sure am wordy these days, huh? But I'm in this "time is moving so fast...I don't want to miss anything" stage and so some posts are just for me...but you can enjoy them, too.

We did indeed leave Wichita this morning...9am, but we managed to squeeze in another hour at the children's museum and a farewell trip to the Y on Monday. Here are pics if you're interested.

Slide at the Y

I called this a karate machine, but it's really a kickboxing machine...three towers with three pads each. A pad lights up and an alarm sounds and you punch or kick...fun!


And now after a long day in the car, we made it to my goal destination ~550 miles today. These babes of mine are road warriors...we played our own version of Grandma J's "find it" game...we looked for flags, crosses, and oil "bumpers" (or wells.) We added Port-a-Potty's through the construction zones. Tally, so far, is Bean 16, Bug 21. 

The first leg of our trip was through some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen...other people think so to. It's called "The Flint Hills." Breathtaking. Take a look. (And yes, that is my sunroof....)


Green rolling, hills and cattle as far as the eye can see...seriously, no houses or other roads...pristine.

This is the cattle bridge over I-35 with cattle pens on either side. 
Yes, a bridge for the cows to cross the highway.


As we got closer to our destination, I kinda ruled out getting a hotel with a pool. This momma has had enough swimming for a while...hard to believe. So I "VZ navigated" for a park and found a perfect one for getting wiggles out. 








Long day...neither Bean nor I slept well last night. Now, baths and bed. Ahhh....

No comments: