Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dag-nabbit

Saturday, we had such a wonderful time with old friends and getting to know some others better. To celebrate her husband's birthday, a dear friend planned a camping trip to Salt Fork and invited friends to visit the campground for boat rides and swimming, then dinner and campfire. (I told Sweet Man to take notes...this is exactly the way I want to celebrate my 40th.)

You may not know that I consider the smell of a campfire as possibly one of the best things made in heaven. They should make a scratch and sniff sticker out of it. So if an event involves burning wood and food, I'm pretty much there. I purposely don't wash my hair for a couple of days, so the scent lingers...are you grossed out yet?

The fire was delightful, but may have been outdone by sinking into old friendships and catching up. I really appreciate people who know my backstory and really care to know what's going on with us. And we, them. I gleaned some wisdom from my friend's momma, who has herself gracefully battled cancer. I'm sure everyone got sick of me asking questions...sometimes I feel as though I'm interviewing.

The weather was nearly perfect, the boat ride was just exhilarating enough, and the food...well, you know...can't go wrong eating outside. Perhaps the cherry on top was that all of our kids, who have had abbreviated visits over the years and don't know each other all that well, got along so fantastically. That was fun to watch...wish you could see it, but I couldn't find my camera...until this afternoon.

I love summer. Thank you, dear friends. So good to see you.

No comments: