Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jewels on the Vine


I love summer and just about everything that comes along with it. The swimming, the smell of cut grass, the campfires, sore bare toes, (Bean has at least 3 hurting right now) the afterglow of a day in the sun...

...and berries, all varieties. Now, my favorites (thanks to my Granny) are black raspberries. If I get any this summer, I'll tell you about them later.

Today was our annual trip to pick strawberries with sweet friend Michelle and her niece. It is a standing date that we have kept for at least six years. We (read "I" without my little people) picked for about an hour in perfect berry-picking weather: ~78 degrees and slightly overcast. I confessed that this year, without a kitchen in which to "put up" our harvest, I was really there to see her and catch up. The strawberries were secondary, but I couldn't resist picking about 9 pounds. Anyone need any?


Part of our tradition is travel down the road to the local ice cream factory and eat a picnic lunch, feed the ducks (I always forget the bread, but Miss Michelle came through!) then indulge in ice cream cones. You know, after all that hard work...we deserve it....




That's a record of Bean's day on her shirt.


No comments: