Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nightmare before Christmas




Playing in the snow, pot of soup on the stove and cookies in the oven, reading Little House Christmas stories, talking about our Lord and Savior as a precious baby, decorating a gingerbread house....


...sounds idyllic...

...except for the 42 times I yelled....

Somehow, all requests of mine were unheard, ignored, or inspired the antithesis. Today we were a case study in mutiny and exasperation...and codependency.  A current rant in my repertoire is "You have no idea how good your life is...get. a. grip." I need to try a different tack 'cause it ain't working.

I am wrapping presents whilst the hoodlums sleep. Bring on the cafe au Bailey's...it's been a long day. Ho, ho, ho.

Can you think of a good caption for this picture? Those snowpeople are downright de-ranged....
Fitting, really.

No comments: