Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Monday, December 21, 2009

Fits and starts


I am consistently inconsistent...yup, that's me. Feast and famine of words...less words is usually a better policy, for me anyway.

I haven't fallen into the pits again...although I anticipate this to be an emotional week...just been busy, relaxing mostly.

Last week:

We strolled through a woodland path decorated with lights with our friends the Kovachs.

We visited with our sweet friend and her new fuzzball.


(Dear Santa, we want this puppy for Christmas. I know where he lives. But of course, you know, too.)

We made and decorated some cookies for a MOPS cookie exchange. And ate many.



After said cookie exchange, a visit to our hometown museum was in store.





We did a little school, just enough to avoid the truancy authorities.

We enjoyed the pool and hot tub at our hotel.

Reuniting with sweet Indiana friends, Aunt Mandy, Claire and Mrs. Fitzpatrick (technically an Ohio friend) was a highlight. Do you have anyone in your life who opens you up with just his/her presence? That's them. I knew they'd make me cry, but it was a good kinda cry. And Claire brought us back with a laugh...such a scrumptious, almost 2yo girl.

Not to mention, we had lunch at Chik-Fil-A. Have a I extolled the virtues of that establishment? For some reason, the times I've lived in the South, I haven't ever gone. But there was one right around the corner from Sweet Man's office in Cincinnati and we tried it. Sold American....my new favorite. They usually have a nice, but not over-the-top Playland with one window wall...which means momma can sit outside with a book or knitting and keep an eye on kiddos. The food is de-li-cious and there's praise music piped in for all to enjoy. We can spend hours there on a chilly afternoon and did with Mandy and Claire. (Another highlight centered around food. Hmmmm.....)

This weekend, Grandma and Grandpa J kept the kiddos...how can I say thank you enough? Any attempt will be inadequate. But thank you, so, so, so, so, so, so much!

So, I vegged...Saturday, I. did. nothing. I watched movies on TV, took two naps, worked out, and then my sweet man came home and took me out to dinner. Yea, that's the way...no one needed anything from me. And I needed a day like that.

Sunday was pretty much a rerun of that day, except my sweet man was beside me. He's worked 20 of the last 21 days. He almost went into the office, but talked himself out of it.

Today, the kids and I took a trip to the nearest mall to pick up two gifts. Ugh! We also caught a storytime at a book store. Clifford was there. Again, Bug was not interested in the costumed character. Interesting. The jolly red guy was there, as well...and a throng of squirming kids & parents waiting to take pictures with him. Comical to me...I don't get it. But again, I mean no judgment...it's just not my bag, baby.

This afternoon, we're making snowmen out of marshmallows and swimming.

We'll be here (hotel) until tomorrow and then we'll head to our home (the one for which we still pay a mortgage) and bake and play some more. Maybe see sweet friends.

I wonder if there are any new readers from publishing the address in our Christmas card...if there are, I apologize...this is a boring post...actually, most of them are. The main purpose of the blog is to chronicle our travels and experiences. Somehow it's so mundane in black and white.

But, I assure you, I'm having a blast living it. There's no place I'd rather be.

No comments: