Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sugar and Spice


Cheers...

my cousin, Nick is engaged to be married in March...
on the east coast

so, while his fiance (incredibly sweet and smart, much like him)
and four sisters were in town for the holiday,
they wanted to celebrate

(you might be thinking, poor Nick, four sisters!...
they would be quick to convince you he does not deserve your pity....
rather a swift kick)

I was honored to be included in the girls' day out...
...you know, not being a sister
or a fiance

we squirreled the mini-cousins away to various caregivers and took off for the big city...

well, as big as big gets in these parts...

reservations were made at a tapas restaurant...

bwahaha...my family...reservations...right...

but we got there eventually...they didn't lock us out or anything...


delightful...delicious

wonderful, distinct tastes

well, avocado salad was not new to us...

...it's guacamole...


but tapas is a great way to try something new without committing...

I tried the blackened scallops and the crab empanadas...

glad I didn't commit...so there, Daddy-o   {: p

but the bacon-wrapped dates, chorizo meatballs, and mushroom empanadas...


...I'm committed

No comments: