Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Friday, April 2, 2010

For the birds



These peep houses would friggin' adorable, if not for the fact that we found a real bird's nest in our dryer venting yesterday, right next to the opening to the dryer.  Disaster averted...whew! Sweet Man cleaned it out and replaced the vent cover with a device impervious to birds. Oh,  and I still think the houses are adorable.



In other news: I need some lessons in grace. I haven't been so sweet to Sweet Man. There are theories:: that we are anticipating being apart soon or perhaps, we've been together too much. But bottom line is I'm uttering those words that milliseconds before I say them I think not now, or ever, don't say it  or at least, change your tone but I blow right past and spew. (Nice sentence, grammatically speaking.) Yeah, we're tangled up and I need a little grace to undo the knots.

And now at the risk of sounding way too self-righteous after confessing my bad behavior...I am profoundly touched by the Easter celebration and try to untangle it from the peep houses and baskets and dresses. Just as every Maundy Thursday and Good Friday affects me, there is an undercurrent of solemnness with the reminders of what Christ has done for you and me. It's important to look at the suffering He endured so that I can begin  to understand the gift He gave us...and share the good news of that miracle.

We're making these resurrection meringues tomorrow. Oh, and we will celebrate His empty tomb...with secondhand baskets and secondhand dresses.

He is Risen.
Risen, indeed.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Cute little bird house for sure. Marriage has its ups and downs. It's a good thing that you are aware of what you are saying.....shows how much you love him. Thanks for sharing your Easter thoughts.