Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sword in the stone


I'm published...we're making our mark on the world.

Sorry....let me back up and start again.

My words are accessible to strangers...well, wait, that's not news.

Whatever, just keep reading....

Clues for our first letterbox are posted on the letterboxing website! We've graduated from searching for letterboxes to actually placing a letterbox. Well, maybe we have to wait and see if anyone can actually locate our box from our posted clues...then we can declare it a success.


Flower Pot Hill at Spring Valley Nature Preserve was our my choice for planting a box. Most of you know about Spring Valley...if not, I'll save my affinity for that land for another series of posts.  Flower Pot Hill sits behind (east of) the former site of the swimming pool and has a wonderful trail system and beautiful mature birch/maple forest. As kids, my cousins and friends and I got into all kinds of mischief climbed the hill often.



Sunday, mischief was not on the agenda...just a spring hike in the sunshine.

Our box is called Sword in the Stone because for years and years there was a rock along the pool's driveway that had a piece of metal rebar stuck into it...someone made it look like a sword and wrote the famous Legend of King Arthur challenge:: Whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone is the rightwise born king. 
You may ask what purpose the rock served, but I won't be able to answer your astute question.




Here is a our published clue. Poke around this website to learn more about letterboxing.


In other news, one of my dearest friends is about to have her second bambino. She's sooo ready...pray for Mandy and her sweet one, if you could.

Another dear friend blessed me tonight by keeping my babes, feeding them dinner, and sending me off to a much-needed and thoroughly enjoyable Zumba class. I :x Zumba...if only I could shake it like the other ladies. Thank you, sweet friend.

No comments: