Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Preach. it. sister.

Need a challenge? Need admonishment? I do.
It hits me square between the eyes...from another incredible blogger I discovered recently.

Here's an excerpt from It's Almost Naptime, but I suggest reading the whole thing:

None of us probably worship lizards or cats.
But I know a lot of us worship a god of our own creation.

It is a god who wants nothing for us but perfect health. A god who is only interested in our finances to the extent that he increase them. A god who is tolerant of and even encouraging of sin, especially if we claim we can't help it or were born that way. A god who doesn't care if we worship him in a pew or at IHOP. A god who would never, ever send anyone to hell. Well, maybe Hitler. But not our friends, our nice friends.

A god who above all else wants us to be happy, no matter what we have to do or who we have to hurt to achieve satisfaction.

A god who never judges, never condemns, never disciplines. We find ourselves saying, "My god would never do that."


Read the whole post here.

Couple of post scripts:

*I couldn't verify all the information she conveyed in her statements about the first article cited...not that I doubt...I just want to be responsible with the information I'm passing.


*Just so you truly know my heart...I ache for aborted babies and for their mommas.



No comments: