Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Sunday, August 22, 2010

No more whining

for now...the whinefest is over.

For now.



Thank You, LORD, for the gentle-shoulder-shake-get-a-grip message last night.

Do I pray the LORD's Prayer or do I merely recite it? When He gives me His kingdom, do I try to hand it back, saying...well, this kingdom is not what I meant...I meant my dreams, my plans, my kingdom. No, thank you. I launch into negotiation mode {like a certain boy, I know} and ask for more or different.

Am I willing to give up what I have...the material, the comfort, the relationships, the control, the time, the sin {all things I make too precious}...to receive what He wants me to have?

I have an incredible life. Thank You, for reminding me to look up instead of down to recover my astonishment at You. My small, but not insignificant, part is to be prepared and to help in the work of preparing for Your kingdom.  I recognize this concept is out-there...I'm still chewing on it. I need to study more about His kingdom.


AND....da~duh~da-da!!!! He {the other big man in my life} is coming home soon...Wednesday evening to be exact. Our family will have a long weekend together...during which we decide if we travel together back to Iowa? Nebraska? {not sure where he'll return, yet} OR if we will stay back here for now. {Post edit: Road trip! The four of us will be heading west on Sunday to stay ??? don't know how long...or exactly where we'll be, but we'll be together.}

No comments: