Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tap-out

Allrighty, I'm losing steam with this single momma gig. {I really don't know how single parents do it...with jobs and little support.}

Bug was up half the night with a stomach bug...today he's back to normal, like it never happened at all. The only evidence left is a pallet on my bedroom floor and my wishing I had toothpicks for my eyelids.

{I don't say it out loud, because I don't want to jinx us, but we don't get very s*ck very often. We each get little sniffly, annoying colds, but nothing that stops us in our tracks. The last time he, ahem, upchucked,  he was one.  And immediately after he did last night, he said, "That's what they call barfing, right, Mom?" Bean never has barfed.}

It's Friday night and my state of mind is holding tight...I'm still pretty crazy about these kiddos.  And it's not even about needing a break, which would be fantastic, but if I really needed one, wouldn't I make arrangements? Yes.

I may have complicated things by watching two Nicholas Sparks movies this week {Dear John ~ meh  & The Last Song ~ really sweet} Boy, if that isn't the defibrilator for flat-lining emotions.

But enough already, I just wanna hug my husband and feel his scruffy face. With the kiddos piled on top of us.

No comments: