Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Little Solar System


I've heard the analogy that children are like satellites of parents - orbiting in their activity. My little satellite, Jellybean has been stretching the ellipse of her orbit. She runs fast and far away from me. And my heart pounds in the moment I have to decide whether to chase after her or stay where she last saw me, hoping she curves back to us.

Isn't it a principle that the more mass an object in space has, the stronger its gravitational pull (am I making that up?) It stands to reason then that the closer Sweet Man and I are (ahem...we are bigger together) the stronger the pull of our gravity. Her orbit and her brother's will continue to widen and accelerate, won't they? If we can continue to work on being unified (the really tricky, sticky part - ugh), then they will always arc back around to us. I pray.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is profound - I think you are on to something. Argh. More unified? OK.

Now, you must write a book - on from blog to book!!! Yipppeee Gypsy Kate!