Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year


{perhaps I should rename my blog...prone to tardiness...my plight...and, consequently, yours}



we've had such a perfect holiday week...

 naps with my love
reading with my babes
Christmas movies, just because
solo erranding
rich and real conversation {don't have use for much else}
walks with friends {yes, AKMR, you are my friend} 
...or even walks alone

purging the old, before the flood of new
coffee all day, with toffee stuck in the bottom of the mug
new socks for me!!!!
generous gatherings with family
easy gatherings with friends
oh, so talented cousins, entertaining us
{and spying the reactions of the matriarch of the family...riotous, pee-your-pants fun}

good food...oh my, too. much. food.
hollyberry candles
a sweet man who looks for ways to bless and surprise
{who, by the by, knocked it out of the park with my gifts this year...yes, this year in which I've tried to eschew my worldly desires, I received many just-right-for-me lovelies}

our family being together in our merry & bright home
counting our blessings
snow... with cleverly-crafted, but now melted ice luminaries on the porch

hope for a new year
grace for me and you





No comments: