Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And now for something completely different

Thanks for reading (if you did) yesterday. Transparency...I need it.

Anywho, we are heading to Cincy again today. Actually we meant to get there last night, but there was too much to do. Sweet Daddy is already there. We will join him this evening and stay until Friday or Saturday.

Today we pack...this trip is shorter, therefore packing is easy peasy. The kids each have their own suitcases and we use these handy-dandy laminated packing lists to help them be a bit more independent. That is the goal, is it not? To raise adults. To work myself out of a job.

I cannot take credit for this...I snagged the idea from house on hill road....



We pack for trips often. For each trip, we determine what each child needs to bring and fill in the amounts. I've already filled out Bean's and Bug will fill in his during school time ;) I didn't include books and toys on our lists because we pack those separately. And we have toothbrushes stashed everywhere: our house, my shower kit, the camping box, each grandparents' house, and the car. We're not always brushing; it's just that I have forgotten toothbrushes too many times.

By the by, do you local peeps know that we have a gem at our branch of OSU?  The Educational Resource Center has laminating and Ellison machines to use for free or cheap. They also have a pretty neat library. It's located in Hopewell Hall.

No comments: