Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goodbye, September & Cincinnati



We leave tomorrow for home. Again, we're in a holding pattern until we know where Sweet Man's next assignment will be. I'm crossing fingers for Atlanta...I love Atlanta and Savannah. I think I love the South.

Today was laidback. We did school and then letterboxed. What is letterboxing, you ask? It's a treasure hunt  of sorts. It's fun, adventurous, cheap, and gets the blood pumping. Perfect for this family on the move. (Geocaching is very similar, but this Momma is low-tech.)

We found three boxes within 5 miles of our hotel. Why didn't I remember to do this when we were in Wichita or Houston? Ah, well. But we have remembered to letterbox (yes, it can be a verb, I think) on vacation on the Outer Banks.

I need to be a bit more organized to do this...keep our supplies together in the car. Maybe even make our own symbol stamp and come up with a cute family name. Any suggestions?


Racing to the starting location


Locating a letterbox


Does this look like a treasure? (Well, of course, he is....) 


Beauty along the trail


Just throwing this in here...'cuz I love him.

No comments: