Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Friday, September 18, 2009

with Opa

Happy Friday! Here we are...up in East Harbor State Park, near Sandusky, on the banks of the Great Lake Erie. My dad has been here since Monday. We are just staying tonight.


We have spectacular weather today, a full-up fridge, and a promise of a campfire tonight.... 


And my girl is back with me after 4 days...she's asked me to stop telling her how much I missed her. And I do believe she had a fantastic time with Grammy and Grandpa. I bet they're napping as I type. Whew!


On our drive up, today, we happened upon a fun General Store in Olivesburg...old-fashioned candy, Amish furniture, interesting things. Here are the kids, each with their candies of choice. Yes, it was about 10 o'clock this morning and yes, I'm a superb parent.







The kids and I have already been to see the glacial grooves that are exposed in this state park.  But the most famous ones are over on Kelley's Island. Tomorrow we'll probably head over there or do something else tourist-y. I'm driving my dad and husband crazy outlining the planning options for tomorrow. 


They all went off for a walk to the camp store and I find myself here alone, half-wondering when my momma is going to get back from wherever she is with a plan for dinner. 


Ooo, I smell campfires already. I really think I could become a full-time camper. I love this.











2 comments:

Bekah said...

aw, Josie's hair looks cute. Very pixie, just like her. I just read about the haircutting story! Classic. I am just waiting for the day that I am blogging about that. Yikes! We have had a Barbie haircutting session but no human ones yet. I'm terrified to even try to cut their hair myself!! :) Looks like a fun trip.

Life Prints Design said...

Looks like so much fun! And, great weather! You make me long for camping!!!
Miss you!
steph