Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
Psalm 63:3

Monday, September 28, 2009

An exercise in futility




You may be about to know more about me than you want to...
transparency, right?


I exercise.
Shocker.


Imagine how volumptuous I'd be if I didn't.
Well, I imagine it; you don't have to.



I'm fairly dedicated to the pursuit of fitness.

And to the pursuit of varying amuse-bouches.
The latter to reward the former.
My mind is twisted, I tell ya.

The amuse-bouche du jour is good bread, feta cheese, and pesto.
Or Jenni's candy corn "trail mix."
Or a Honeycrisp apple.
Or the oatmeal raisin cookies from the W-mart bakery...
I know! That was a surprise.
It's that day-old rack...it gets me almost every time.



Oh, right...exercise.
But I do enjoy walking, aerobics, biking, even running (albeit slowly,) etc.

 I really like the Wii Fit.
It don't lie.



Since my body has accommodated two beautiful, rascally, considerably-sized babes
and delivered them into the world...

I have noticed some changes in my anatomy.



And its capacities.



I must choose my mode of exercise wisely.

And how vigorously I propel myself,



or laugh....

(So if you think I don't find you raucously funny...

I may be holding back, refraining from expressing it
 on your upholstered furniture.


Or maybe you aren't terribly funny. That is a possiblity.)




Perhaps you know what I'm talking about.
Perhaps not.




Sweet Man suggests I take up swimming for fitness...
and stop fighting it.

No comments: